Sunday, November 20, 2011

Studio Time

It's been a busy productive time in my studio. I'm putting the finishing touches on the encaustic paintings for my upcoming show. Also working on a couple small pieces for the IGCA 100 x 100 exhibition. Time to name, price, finish edges and put hanging hardware on everything. 

Pallet just after turned on-wax still unmelted

Another pallet show-some of my favorite colors

Works in progress, awesome torch too!
Adding a window fan to my studio has been very helpful. Now in addition to limiting my time around the wax fumes, they actually get drawn out (as they should be). It has been a very fun show to paint. Nice to have the memories from my photos of various landscapes, mostly around Alaska.


The upcoming show is titled "sweet dreams". It will open with a First Friday reception on December 2, 5-9pm-at Octopus Ink Gallery, 410 G Street, Anchorage.

No comments:

Post a Comment