Wednesday, September 2, 2015

One of my favorite places

Yesterday I got to tag along with my husband and go up to Helena (he had to go for work).
My main priority was to go to the Archie Bray Center Clay shop and look for tools for encaustic painting. Many clay tools work well for scraping and shaping wax as the are metal and can be cleaned with heat.

I also stopped in at Aizada Imports, as the owner Paula had seen my greeting cards and was interest in carrying some in her shop. She imports wonderful woolen and felted good from women in Krygyzstan, I need to go back when I have some time and peruse her lovely shop. I may need a pair of slippers at the least. 

Back to the Bray-I wandered the grounds and Galleries in addition to the clay shop. I did find some great new tools, as well as some duplicates to add to my class supplies.

Happily it was not too smokey and not windy. I attempted to capture a bit of light on some of the pieces. Just quick snaps with my point and shoot on auto-need to step up my game in the photo department.














There is so much history here and all the untold (to me) stories that the art all around holds. It is truly magical for any creative person to experience. 

Stay tuned for studio tour part 2, I will be working on it in the next few weeks, in between keeping busy painting for some upcoming shows. More info later on that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment