Monday, July 11, 2011

Last week

I managed to get out a second time last week for painting! This time to Carr-Gottstein Park, just a little ways north and west of last spot. These have quickly become my favorite painting spots in Anchorage. I'm enjoying the expanse of the grassy flats, changing mudflat and water lines and the mountains in the background. Adding a bit of discipline by limiting my palette colors has been quite helpful not to mention I have been able to cut out one bag out of the painting gear. Enjoying the warm burnt sienna underpaintings-this time they were dry, that helped a lot with the painting process! Still working small-well 8 x 16 and 8 x 8. Liking the horizontal format, but also enjoying the challenge of the squares. The fireweed will be blooming anytime down over the bluff at the park-that should but fun. Gotta get there fast-have a road trip coming up with the husband and doggies soon.


Painting scene at Carr-Gottstein Park
What I saw-Pretty happy with this one, brushy and fresh

second painting-still unfinished


 We painted from just after 7pm until around 10pm, time to quit-as I had been optimistic and had worn shorts-got a little chilly. The scene above is looking towards Kincaid park, beautiful view as we were leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment