Thursday, July 7, 2011

Starting

I've been toying with the idea of my own blog for a while. First I got bogged down by wanting to make it perfect and visually stunning. Now I'm thinking just get started and revise as I go along...
As it is "Plein Air Season" in Alaska-as well as the rest of the Northern Hemisphere, it is a good time to start posting and sharing some fresh paintings. In fact it is a great evening and almost time to get out and paint again!

So read and look and I'll make this a work in progress! Here are paintings from July 4.

 8 x 16 -as yet untitled-from park at end of Victor and Shore, Anchorage


8 x 10 -second painting of the day-looking more northward from same area


These were worked on a little after getting home-the first one was very wet on scene as I had forgotten to prime my canvas and was working on a fresh undercoat of burnt sienna.

No comments:

Post a Comment